Monday, January 17, 2011

Hot Healing Drink for the Winter

It's freezing here today, only 16F at noon!  Hot chocolate bothers my tummy, so I thought I'd post a different hot drink that I adore and it has healing properties to boot.  It is rumored to help you feel better when you have the flu as well or a chill you just can't get out of your bones.

1 cup milk ~ any kind.  I have used soy, rice, almond, cow, whatever you have on hand and like.
1 TBSP ground ginger
1 TBSP ground cinnamon
honey to taste

What I do is heat the milk (I prefer on the stove but you can certainly do it in the microwave as well).  Add the spices either before or during the heating process.  Pour a bit of honey in the mug you're going to use, then pour the hot milk over it so it melts thoroughly.

Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home